The care you take during the healing process influences the healed result.
DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB the area as this will effect the healing of the colour. Disturbing the area carries a risk infection which could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to exfoliate naturally.
KEEP DRY – DO NOT TOUCH
On the first day
- Allow to dry heal.
- Lymphatic fluid may create discharge or caking on the surface.
- Clean your enhancement at the end of the day with damp cotton pads (and NanoSilver).
- Do not apply any aftercare product.
On following days
- Clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads (and NanoSilver). Apply a small amount of the oil or silver.
- Ensure you wash hands before touching to avoid infection.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean tissue
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of infection.
Avoid the treated area for 5 days. Makeup can be applied as normal to untreated areas.
Sun and Tanning Beds
No direct exposure for seven days. We recommend using “total sun block” once the area has healed.
Baths, Showers and Cleansing
Apply a thick layer of Vaseline to your enhancement when washing your hair to prevent it from becoming wet. Remove the Vaseline with damp cotton pads.
We recommend you wash your treated area with NanoSilver which has been specifically designed for use during this period of healing.
Allow healing to establish before recommencing.
There may be some mild swelling for a few days. This is a normal part of the healing process.
Ice packs, anti-histamine and ibuprofen post treatment can be beneficial.
This is a sign that the treatment is healing. The excess colour exfoliates naturally around day seven.
The pigment will appear slightly sharper and more obvious until around day seven. The skin will then exfoliate and the colour will look lighter and softer.
New procedures should expect some unevenness of colour which will be addressed in the inclusive appointment, to be attended within 6 to 8 weeks later.
If you do not attend, or give sufficient notice to cancel, your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged for any further treatment.
Use a good sun screen and avoid the use of glycolic, retinol or peels over the pigment as this will increase exfoliation and fading of colour. Remember to have your Annual Colour Boost to maintain definition and colour.
Research shows it is safe to have an MRI if you have permenant makeup. If you require further information please go to www.nhs.uk.
Schedule your Annual Colour Boost to prolong best results
You may experience symptoms for 4 days.